Bernard MalliaCEO & Customer Liaison
Areas of Expertise
- Artificial Intelligence (AI) Strategy
- IT Strategy
- Data Governance
- Data Architecture & Databases
- Business Intelligence
- Economics Analysis
- Economics Research
- Environmental Economics
- Statistical, Behavioural & Econometric Modelling
- Public Utilities (Energy, Water, Telecoms, Transport & Health)
- CBAs and EU Funds
- Project Management and Evaluation
- B.Com. Hons (Public & Private Sector Management) | University of Malta
- MSc. Economics | University of Edinburgh
- MSc. Information Systems | European University
- Diploma (Advertising & Public Relations) | Cambridge International College
- Diploma (Computerised Book Keeping) | International Association of Bookkeepers
- MSc. Standalone Module: EU economic integration and regional development | EIPA – European Institute Of Public Administration
- MCP – SQL Server Design, Implementation And Maintenance | Microsoft
- Diploma in Project Management | Cambridge International College
- Microsoft Office Specialist Excel Expert 2016 | Certiport
- Microsoft Office Specialist Word Expert 2016 | Certiport
- Visual Basic For Microsoft Access | Executrain
- Visual Basic For Microsoft Excel | Executrain
- SPSS Intermediate | University of Malta
- SPSS Introduction | University of Malta
- Basic First Aid | Malta Red Cross
- First Aid | Jobs+
With over 16 years of fast-paced experience in entrepreneurship, management, business planning, financial analysis, electronic communications, e-commerce, compliance, infrastructural projects, data architecture, software engineering, operations, data and decision analysis, Bernard has a breadth and depth of skills and experience that are very unique and very difficult to find elsewhere. Bernard is quick to understand and is able to craft solutions requiring a multi-disciplinary approach.
Equinox Group companies are dedicated to helping organisations innovate, transform and lead. In everything we do, we believe in challenging the status quo and in thinking differently. We do this by taking on situational complexities ourselves and by unlocking insights that are simple-to-understand and highly-effective for our clients. This, in turn, enables the creation and sustenance of strategies for enduring success and for ensuring that the business’s efforts are going exactly where they are needed to obtain maximum impact.
Before laying the foundations for the Equinox group in 2008, Bernard had worked in tourism, manufacturing, central banking, telecoms, telecoms regulation, finance and consulting. Bernard has also lectured widely and delivered conference speeches on numerous topics falling within his areas of expertise, and is a Microsoft Certified Trainer (MCT). He has also worked as a European Commission external expert for various DGs and has been involved in some of the biggest infrastructural projects in Malta and public utilities projects in Europe and in Africa.
Bernard is currently focusing (though not exclusively) on AI, BI, data architecture, IoT, compliance and training assignments, and is no longer heavily involved in public sector projects.
If you’d like to get in touch with Bernard, kindly complete this form. We strive to reply to our emails within 2 working days.